Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Post-Finals Burn out



I haven't felt like doing much of anything now that finals are over. About the most I can keep my mind to is a tv show such as Dirty Jobs. I know that I have de-motivated spells, and school is pretty adept at keeping me on target. But what happens after graduation?

I believe that being an artist is an especially difficult field because there is not a set path to follow. There is no checklist for being a successful artist. (Although having food, shelter, and materials is a good start!)

There are paragons of success such as Picasso, Warhol, and Hurst but looking at their path to success doesn't give me a road map, only generalized principals.

Work hard and don't give up. ever.

Never giving up and working hard are not concrete targets such as 'being employee of the month' or getting hired at Google. So I am back to looking for motivation.

EDIT:Actually after taking a break from entry to play some left 4 dead. I felt like some 3d modeling, so I made a map in the level editor and after a few hours had something playable, and now I want to get back into the studio and photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment